Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sick Central

...is what our house feels like! This past week has been all about sickness! I am SO done with colds/flus/fevers/coughs! This week has been one that we will be excited to put behind us. I have to say, I dont think I would wish this flu/cold on my worst enemy! It is so yucky and it makes you feel down right, well, "poopy" as Gunner would say! By the way, I dont know how but Gunner managed to not get sick somehow. Well, at least he's healthy for now. Time will tell if he can fight off the bad germs!

However, on a positive note, Bree stayed healthy enough to stay out of the hospital!!! Yea!!! She has been fever free since Friday and we are so glad! She's been coughing still but I think she is on the mend. We go in to the clinic tomorrow to check her counts and make sure she's doing okay with her ear infection.

Here are a few pictures from her last round of chemotherapy and a few pictures of the boys:
This girl was a monkey last week in the hospital. She is getting more and more mobile these days and it is hard to keep her entertained in her 'prison cell' as I like to call her bed.
Dont you just LOVE the double chin in this picture? Oh, how I love to kiss this girl's chubby cheeks, even if they are covered in tape!
I dont know why I included this picture, it's mostly so we can show her someday that she DID go through chemotherapy. I love her smile in the background.
Lately, we have been conducting an experiment with Caleb's hair and seeing how long it can grow. I think he is going for the Elvis look here, complete with heavy side burns. But gotta love that million dollar smile!
This last picture was today after Justin & Gunner got home from church. I thought they looked so handsome in their ties!
Last, I wanted to say thank you to those that have told me you were praying and fasting for our Breezy this week, especially. I firmly believe Heavenly Father has heard those heart-felt prayers and has granted us yet, another, miracle by keeping her out of the hospital. Her cold could have turned into something really bad and I'm certain that she was protected due to so many people all over asking our Father in Heaven to strengthen her body. We are humbled, grateful and look forward to this next week being so much better!



11 comments:

Trevor Dayley said...

So glad to hear the good news. Thanks for keeping us all up to date through your blog.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to stay out of the hospital. What a blessing to be able to be home with the whole family. I will continue to pray for Bree and that the medication gets rid of the cancerous cells completely and totally.

Kathryn said...

Justin and Kari,
We are so glad that Bree avoided any catastrophe in this round of chemo - I am sure your nerves are so tight just hoping it doesn't happen! Lane and I did fast and pray for you yesterday as well. Looks like it worked! ;) Anyway, hang in there you guys - you are almost done! :)

Nuestra Familia said...

Your family is the best. I'm glad Gunner is sick free he and Justin look so cute ready for church. Breezy is such a trooper and I love her double chin too. Caleb's hair looks even more blond, I tried that with Mo but trimmed the sides and it didn't look so bad, but Caleb won his hair is way longer than Mo's. We always keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for months now and am so happy your beautful daughter is doing well. Your faith is inspiring, your family is beautiful, and your gratitude is so humble and sweet. You must be the glue that holds your family together and what a blessing YOU are.

Kelly said...

Kari! Thanks for you sweet comment! I miss you guys! I hope you are all getting better! This has been a crazy cold season! Ryker has had a cough that just wont go away, and now it is allergy season!!! AHHHHH!! And me and my boys have lovely allergies! I am so happy Bree is staying healthy, and lookins so chubby and happy! I love her chin, rolls on baby's are the best! I wish they were cute on us moms! I hope we can see eachother soon. I want you to come over! Let me know if you need a girls night again sometime soon. or is you need anything!

agravette said...

Oh Sweetie, I'm so thankful baby Bree stayed well! We are continuing to pray for her. I am sharing your story with my ladies' Sunday night class, and would you believe it, we are covering a chapter in our study on fasting? I can't think of a more perfect reason to fast than for your angel! God bless you all!

brownymama said...

So glad that Bree is doing well. Sorry to hear that Caleb isn't! I'm looking forward to Saturday! I miss you all so much. (:

Steph said...

I'm so glad she has stayed out of the hospital! She is looking so cute--looks like that feeding tube is really working! Keep up the good work. :) We'll keep praying for the chemo to work and Bree to stay healthy. It was a wonderful experience to fast for her yesterday. Love you guys!

The Johnson Family said...

So happy to hear you are on the mend. Let's hope that everyone can stay that way. Your family is always in our prayers and will continue to be!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Bree waving her adorable chubby arm. What a blessing that she has been able to stay a healthy size despite the chemo! The Boys and their ties are quite handsome too. Boys love to look like their dads.