Monday, April 6, 2009

Bring on the last one!

Wow, it's been a while! The past few weeks have been really great. Everyone in our house finally got over all the sickies and Bree has turned into a crawling machine. Once she figured out that she could get around by crawling, she constantly wants to move! Her favorite place to be is sitting by the back door so she can see the dog. She loves to be outside any chance she gets.
Bree has also been doing so much better at eating. She's really started to be interested in food. I hope it continues. Her personality has also blossomed lately. She's such a ray of sunshine. Her sweet laugh and sparkling smile just melt my heart. This little girl has me and her Daddy wrapped around her finger. (As it should be) :) She continues to get her tube feedings at night to help get some extra calories.

I haven't blogged about my cute boys lately so today I took some cute action shots of them playing together. They had so much fun jumping together and then seeing their "action" shots afterwards. This is Gunner fighting the "bad guys" and showing me his Ninja moves (He is loving Kung Fu Panda right now!) Gunner has grown up on me the past few months. He's not my baby boy anymore. It's a sad day when that reality hits a Mom. My parents always told us not to grow and now I'm telling my kids the same thing. I wish I could keep them little like this forever. All the more reason to savor every moment I guess.

Caleb is also growing up on me too fast. He is my sweet boy and my, does he love his sister! He will hug and kiss her any chance he gets! He's gone to a few Suns games with Justin this year and has loved every minute. It makes Justin so proud that Caleb loves going to the games. :) (I'll post some pictures of the Suns games in a separate post)Meanwhile, I love these next few pictures of the boys. Caleb just loves to bounce on the trampoline and he was having so much fun today. I love his face in the picture above!
Gunner happily displayed his flexibility by doing at least 100 flips for me to take pictures of.
I giggle each time I look at this picture above. Can you see Caleb in the shadows? He is floating on air!
I took Bree's NG tube out today to give her nostrils and throat a break. She has such a beautiful smile and I love to see her sweet face not covered in tape! She has been scratching her face and head because her hair is starting to grow back! Yea!

As for my Breezy girl,she's down to her last chemotherapy tomorrow. This will complete her cycle of 8. I get emotional when I think about how all of this began. And now it's almost over. At least, we are hopeful that it's almost over. After this chemo she will be re-tested in about 3-4 weeks (MRI, scans, bone marrow biopsy) to see what size her tumor is and to also make sure her bone marrow is clean of cancer. At that point we will determine if there will be surgery and what the next steps will be. We are anxious to hear the news that her body will be declared cancer free! Until then, we are grateful for so many people that continue to keep Bree in their prayers. Thank you for loving our little girl.



15 comments:

Doug, Christy, Ella and Lucy said...

I really hope that Bree's last chemo will go well and that her cancer will be gone! Good luck!

Amanda Jane said...

Prayer works! I was thinking about your baby girl every day. My heart leapt as I read the first few sentences. It is so wonderful to hear that everyone is doing so well. I love the playful happy pictures.
Your family has snuck inside my heart.
Thinking of you, and praying for tomorrow to go well.
Amanda

DIY REDS! said...

we are so happy for you guys and can't wait until this is a memory that you can look back on. we will still be praying for that.
amy and jeff

Lana said...

very cute update. Love the spring pictures of everyone playing. :) Best of luck with the last Chemo...you guys deserve to go out to dinner or something!!!! We'll be praying extra hard for you all.

agravette said...

Oh, I'm so thankful and glad for all of you! We are praying that Jesus will just make that tumor disappear! We love you guys, even though we don't "know" you. God bless you!

Jessica said...

Those pictures are too sweet! Thank you for sharing your family's story with us. I'll keep you all in my prayers. I'm so glad to see Bree so cheerful!

Cindy said...

Good luck with the last round of chemo! I hope and pray everything will turn out great! She has such a sweet smile! We go in for Teddy's oncology check up next week- and I am terrified that her tumor will be back. She has been healthy, with no problems, so I hope that is just the paranoid mommy in me! Best of luck! Cindy

Wendy said...

Bree does look so happy outdoors. Those boys sure can jump high, for such little guys! I'm sure Bree loves the breaks from the feeding tube also, what a blessing she is so beautiful,healthy, and strong!

The Johnson Family said...

I love your line:savor every moment...if only everyone could live by that! I am so glad that this is hopefully coming to an end for you and your family. Bree looks so great and her little face is filling out so beautifully! I just love the last pic of her. Pretty cool that Caleb can fly though...who knew?

Steph said...

Oh, Kari, I am a bad friend. :( I was going to call you before this next round and set up a dinner for while you were at the hospital. I'm sorry I didn't call in time to do that. But I'll bet you will be needing a girls' night out sometime soon--we'll have to get one together. I'm so glad things are going well. Your kids are so cute and they all look so happy. I hope this round goes smoothly. We're still praying for Bree to be cancer-free by her round of testing. Hang in there. We love you guys.

the bates motel said...

awe such cute pics of the kids! i can't believe how the time has gone by so quickly. so glad that she's on her last round of chemo and hopefully all will be well and she can be done of this cancer business! no fun! she has still been such a delight thru it all. love her!

Ixchelle said...

You are my hero. I think you are such a strong lady. Thank you forshowing such great faith as we heard in Conference Sat & Sun. I continue to pray for your sweet family.

Anna said...

Such cute kids! And so happy too. I'm thinking of you guys and hoping for the best for your family.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the update. My family and I continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I hope Bree's last round of chemo goes well. Good luck!

Kathleen said...

Those photos of your sweet babies are priceless! Caleb and Gunner have also been such troopers, it seems, with having their mommy and sister gone a lot. They are such wonderful big brothers who love their baby sister so much!