Okay, Krista, I hope you enjoy this! Thanks for tagging me!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
- It's weird to think back to 1997, but I was at NAU living with my friends Melissa, Carrie, Debbie & Michale. At first I was thinking about doing physical therapy there but changed my mind later to finish up at ASU and study Nutrition.
2. What was I doing 5 years ago?
-I was at home with my beautiful new baby boy Caleb. He was such a sweet baby. He slept so well and was ALWAYS happy. What a good boy!
3. What was I doing 1 year ago today?
- Funny that I remember what I did 10 years ago, but can't remember what I was doing a year ago. We were probably doing the normal things, running around doing mom and tot stuff. Caleb was in preschool and Gunner was a fun little 18 month old. :)
4. What was I doing yesterday?
- Let's see, we went to the doctor, got a new cool purple cast on Gunner's leg, played in the backyard, and got to do a quick visit with cousins!
5. What are 5 snacks I enjoy eating?
This is a tough question, because I don't like many foods right now. If I had to pick, it'd be bagel & cream cheese, homemade raspberry jam & toast, cereal, and peanut butter with vegetables. Weird I know...I think I'm pregnant or something!
6. What I would do with $100 million dollars?
Wow, what a lot of money. First, pay my tithing, pay off our house, buy a large lot to do a custom home, hire a decorator to decorate my home with lots of crown moulding and pretty paint colors, build a fun fort or tree house for my kids, buy a nice SUV for our family, hire a nanny (just kidding), make my husband retire, get floor tickets to the Suns (since I know Justin would LOVE that) save a lot of money (of course) and then go on some nice vacations with my cute hubby!
7. What are 5 bad habits that I have?
1. I like to sleep in too much (til 7am), 2. taking l-o-n-g showers, 3. I have a hard time saying "I'm sorry," 4. eating at night and 5. not exercising lately! I'm so bad!
8. 5 things I like to do
(this is not in order of importance)
- 1. play with my kids 2.Obviously like to blog 3. date night with my hubby 4.scrapbook (even though its been a while) 5. crafts with friends
9. 5 tv shows that I watch
1. the office 2. Survivor 3. design on a dime 4. lost 5. any other fun design show!
10. 5 biggest joys right now.
1. justin 2. Caleb 3. Gunner 4. new baby 5. wonderful family & friends
I tag: Alisa, Monique, Chelsey, Summer, Amy J, Melissa & Rachel!!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Okay, Krista, I hope you enjoy this! Thanks for tagging me!
Posted at 4:46 PM
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Last Sunday night Gunner managed to break his leg. He somehow jumped from his bed or off his dresser onto the floor...we think. We weren't in his room when it happened. He has a spiral fracture on his tibia bone (shin bone). All the doctors and nurses kept saying it was a bad break.
Just what parents love to hear!
He's been incredibly brave and so strong. We are so proud of him & how he's handled all of this. He's been in so much pain and has been so good about everything he's been through. He never complains unless he's hurting. He still has his happy attitude and is cheerful through it all!Here's a recap:
Day 4 (Wednesday): I somehow managed to get him in the shower and cleaned off! This kid can sweat and actually started to stink a little. :-) He had a good time in the shower and we ended up getting normal clothes on...no more pajamas! This is how we get around in the house (at least downstairs). He loves his new wheels.
This is how we pass the time. Reading books, doing puzzles and meals all takes place in the wagon.
Overall, with each day that passes he's doing better. I'm just so thankful that he's okay. Gunner received many blessings and I know his Heavenly Father helped him feel better. We love you Gunner boy. Get better fast so you can run and jump again soon (except no beds!).
This is Gunner's rendition of the moral of the story:
Posted at 8:12 AM
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Trimesters that is! I'm so excited that I made it to my second trimester! I was thinking back today about some of the things I liked/disliked about this 3rd pregnancy so far and this is what I came up with:
-bacon & tomato sandwiches
-fruit & more fruit!
-chocolate (can you believe that? it's true)
-break-outs (what the?)
-the fact that I'm already "popping" out! Unfair!
-how my cravings will change on a dime...one second I'm craving a food and then the next second it sounds replusive to me!
-weird smells (I can smell things like a mile away!)
-the extra "junk" in my "trunk!"
Ah, the joys of pregnancy. I really am enjoying this one. It's fun to talk to the boys about having a baby brother or sister. Anytime I mention the baby now Gunner will lift up my shirt and say "Hi baby, you sleeping in there?" Caleb will sign "baby" and smiles so big!
We are looking forward also to finding out what we're having. At our last appointment my Doc said he might've seen a little "nub" that seemed like boy parts but didn't want to committ to it. I've always thought that it's a boy. Justin thinks it's a girl...only time will tell...until next month!
Posted at 11:03 PM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Posted at 9:26 PM
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
This weekend was wonderful. We spent time with family at the cabin and had such a blast. Justin went hunting with his Dad and brother Tyson and the rest of us played and worked around the cabin. This was the first time in a few years that the Browns, Cooks, and Larsons were all together. 10 adults, 13 kids and 3 dogs...what a weekend!
The kids had a great time. They caught snakes, built forts, played badmitton, fed ducks and mules, went on walks and just had so much fun with their cousins. In between all of this we snuck in some work time by pulling weeds and cleaning the cabin. Thanks to Uncle Ryan for mowing the forest and doing a lot of work. Justin had a good time hunting, but didn't get any elk this time. Better luck next time babe! All in all, it was a great trip filled with lots of great memories!
Posted at 4:33 PM