Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dumb Luck!!

Well, wouldn't you know that I was lucky enough to land a nasty flu with only 2 weeks left (if that) in my pregnancy! I've been coughing like a smoker, had body chills and fevers and chest pain that hurts all the way through my chest to my spine. Lucky me huh? On top of it all, after 4 days of feeling so yucky (and SO BIG!) I landed another cold on top of the whole thing! So, now my throat is sore and I have a runny nose. I feel like I have the plague! 


On a lighter note, I am finally starting to dilate and I'm at 3cm and 50% effaced! It was all so exciting until I got this flu. I was hoping to go into labor early but now I hope she stays in until I can get all the way better. I need the extra strength! 

Just to add a little note about my cute husband, he was so thoughtful (and worried about me) that he helped me tremendously this week. He got the kids up, fed them, and got Caleb ready for school. He let me sleep in and even vacuumed the whole house today! What a sweet heart I have!



11 comments:

Britty said...

Kari, i'm so sad you've been sick! i hope you feel better soon, and i can't wait for that little girl to make her grand entrance. (glad our blogs have met now:) - Britain

top knot extensions said...

I hope you are feeling better!! Whatever it is, it has been going around!!! Clark has it now!!

dustin and amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick. Dustin and I both had/have a horrible cold this past week. We'll pray it goes away before that little peanut get here.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I hate being sick. It is like it should only happen to kids. Dont we out grow getting germs? Wow, I am sorry you werent feeling great. Gald that you will be over it come delivery time.

Alisa Larson said...

Good job Justin! She needs all the pampering she can get! Kari, I didn't know you were still sick. I'm so sorry! I would come get the kids, but now mine have it! Poor thing! Maybe you should get a sitter during the day and sleep as often as possible. You need your strength!

The Blakes said...

I hope your back on your feet soon! This nasty flu and cough has gotten to everyone I know!

The Gerard Family said...

Sorry you have been sick, I hope you feel better SOON!! You have to be so excited on the other hand to be having a baby girl soon!! you are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!!

the bates motel said...

no fun! hope you get better soon! i've been wondering how you are feeling! i'll have to call you this week!

Melody B. said...

He is a great guy!:) So sorry you are feeling so bad. It's the worst when you are sick when you are prego or nursing...you can't take anything! ARRRGGHHH! I hope she stays in too so that when she gets here she doesn't have a mom with a smoker cough hacking in her face!:P Just teasin'! She'd love you anyway!:) Get better soon!

Summertime Designs said...

Kari, this is so dejavu with me! I was dilated to a 3cm this past week, 60% effaced, and then I got the body chills and flu symptoms as well! Currently I have a cold too. My nose is so stuffed and I have a sore throat too. I had read on some maternity website that a few moms had had flu symptoms just before going into labor. So that excited me when I read that, but now that I've got this cold, I just want it to get all better before the sweet girl comes! I hope you start feeling well too and that we can get this all over with and start a new and exciting chapter of our lives!

Travis and Marie said...

we just got over something similar...3 weeks of it....I am so sorry...it stinks worse to be sick and pregnant and have kids that still depend on you...it's really not fair at all.