Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The PINK dilemma!

So, I've been given grief from just about everyone I know about my nursery. I decorated in yellow, green, blue and red. I did this with Gunner and kept it neutral because I thought, neutral is good in case we have a girl next right? Well, according to everyone that I tell, their reaction is, "Your having a girl, and you didn't put ANY pink in her room?" Yes!!!! Don't get me wrong, I like the color pink, I just didn't want to do my nursery over again when I think it was perfectly fine before.

I may be the only one on the planet but I love my nursery! I love the bedding, love the colors, love the whole get up. The bedding is from Pottery Barn and I painted each wall a different color. I wanted to take some pictures of it and post them in hopes that there are other people out there that approve of me NOT doing pink. Trust me, this girl will be decked out in PINK from the moment she is born. She already has a PINK wardrome, PINK shoes & PINK blankets. :) Plus, I PROMISED my cute husband that I wil do a pink room for her when she's a little older, if that's the color she wants. He was the BIGGEST advocate for his daughter having PINK!

Here's the room from a far. It's kind of an odd shape, so it makes it hard to see the whole room, but this gives a little idea.




Here is her name. I LOVE these letters!!



This is a her baby blanket made by my sweet Mom-in-law. Isn't it super cute?



She has more shoes that Justin already...and she's not even born yet!



And she has more hair accessories than me!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I full heartedly agree with your nursery choice...though I was actually somewhat against pink when Kennedy was a baby, I wouldn't even buy her clothes in pink! I love the nursery and agree with you that the letters are very cute!

The Gerard Family said...

Cute. you are going to have soooo much fun with a girl. Oh by the way FYI..I have a little buisness with a friend making baby accessories like the head bands with the flowers on them, baby bracelets with swarvoski crytals and onesies with rhinstones etc. Let me know if you are intersted. Getting close!!! YAH!!

J said...

Looks good to me. Sounds like you have plenty of other pink things in store.

The Blakes said...

I adore your nursery! All our rooms are blue and I've thought about doing a blue gingham with white lace if we have a girl next because I don't want to repaint either! There is plenty of time for pink.

As for that shoe and bow collection - Oh my gosh! It makes me crave a little girl! Shopping for boys is fun but I cannot wait to splurge on the girly things!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

It is darling. I think (coming from a mom with no girls) that the world is on pink overkill! I love the red and the green. Bright, neutral colors will stilmulate her more, it think. And what little girl with big brothers wouldn't just love to have little animals in their room. GREAT JOB!

PS. You are far to kind to me in your comments on my blog. I am so lucky that you do! I think "in awe" better describes the way I would feel about you, and your skills as a mom!

dustin and amy said...

I am sooo not a pink girl! I agree with you 100%. I don't know if you remember but it took me six years to let Kenley paint her room pink. The funny thing is that Dustin was the one that was pushing me to do it. Are't those daddys with girls silly?

brownymama said...

I don't have a pink room for my girl and I'm so glad! Bree's room is fun and bright and you don't want her to be too princessy anyway. Let her choose as she gets older, but I've been in your nursery and I love it!

brownymama said...

I don't have a pink room for my girl and I'm so glad! Bree's room is fun and bright and you don't want her to be too princessy anyway. Let her choose as she gets older, but I've been in your nursery and I love it!

Jaimee said...

Kari, her room is darling! I say, when you wait for Baby #3 to finally be the girl you can do whatever you want with her room (though we do love our boys, of course!) Cute, cute, cute. Good luck in the coming days and hopefully your delivery will be quick like Summer's was!

Alisa Larson said...

Way to break the mold Kari! It's totally fine that there's no pink! I was thinking if I have a boy, he may have to deal with my coral nursery decor b/c I really don't even want to think about redoing it all. You're on smart cookie! It makes me laugh that Justin was the one advocating pink! Maybe he secretly wishes he could have a pink room? :-)

Melody B. said...

Can't wait to see those giant flower headbands on her sweet little head!:P